INTERNATIONAL MUSIC SUMMIT at MIDEM
Monday January 28
13.00-13.15 Ben Turner (IMS Partner) & Kurosh Nasseri reveal a major new initiative for electronic music
13.15-13.45 Open Forum
13.45-15.00 Panel: Electronic Music: What Now?
Location: Riviera Hall.
Section: Midem Academy – Hall 01.
Level: Minus 1 (lower level).
13.45-15.00 Moderators: Ben Turner & Kurosh Nasseri
01 Bobby Simms, Popshop (brand agency)
02 Liz Miller, Atlantic Records (label)
03 Maria May, CAA (agent)
04 Maurizio Colella, Sirup Music (label)
05 Patrick Moxey, Ultra Records / Sony Music (label)
06 Patrick Walker, You Tube / Google (online video platform)
- MEET THE PRESIDENT! (Patrick Moxey, James Barton – we're in the era of the "Presidents of Electronic Music Worldwide". Discuss…)
- BILLIONAIRE TAKEOVERS (Robert Sillerman, Ron Burkle. Plus Live Nation and Sony… Where to now?)
- UPSTREAM and CONSOLIDATION (Less agencies, more power to CAA and WME. Discuss the cultural landscape and how does the small guy continue to exist?)
- AWARDS SHOWS. HOW CAN WE HELP? (Grammys. Brits. How is / should electronic music be positioned at these events? Do we need our own event?)
- GEMA / COLLECTING RIGHTS SOCIETIES (A number of technology initiatives can provide vital information to the collecting societies, whilst certain societies are aggressively attempting to raise fees on clubs)
- IMPORTANCE OF DATA (Electronic music suffers from having very little data to articulate / display our genre's worth. Discuss a solution…)
- ELECTRONIC MUSIC: WHERE TO NOW? (What is the future for the genre? How do we halt an inevitable backlash from media and the 'next generation'?)